RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hone 450 (or "325" blade size) heli
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 09:46 PM
chuter1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hone 450 (new all-metal 450 heli)

Hello DemoUp. After several e-mails to Steve, he sent me a pic of the bracket in a heli. showing the location a bit better. My kit came with the upright portion bolted in the small side of the bracket, so I assumed that was correct. I'm still not so sure. Anyway, his picture shows the upright in the rear and the bracket mounted in the two FOWARD holes and the servo arm mounted about 30 degrees below center. This works pretty well, but still binds on full up cyclic. I am using Tower Pro 9gr. servos all round and a Align 500 gyro. I have been working on this set-up for a few evenings and am still not satisfied. One thing I did discover; unlike a lot of true Trex clones, not all Align parts are interchangable on this bird. Feathering and main shafts are different, but Align parts can be made to work. If you take your feathering shaft to your LHS, they won't be able to help you. It is a threaded shaft like E-Sky's King , but smaller. Anyway, to quote Clint Eastwood in Heartbreak Ridge, " you improvise, you overcome, you adapt ". This is still a good deal for the money, but for Trex clones, I like my Gulang a LOT better. For 30 dollars more it's a RTF right out of the box, assembled with TX and battery! Have fun.