RCU Forums - View Single Post - I REALLY need to know everything about the savage 4.6
Old 03-12-2008, 07:15 PM
dannyol12

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: I REALLY need to know everything about the savage 4.6

hi i own a savage x
i am currently upgrading the engine to the 4.6HO engine

hpi are one of the only model companys that i truly beleive in . i can go to the top of a two storie building and drop it off without any damage (providing it lands tyres down)
they are the most robust rc car ever
if you are going to get the reverse module then do it the proper way with a three channel tranny (remote) and receiver so that you switch it on to reverse with a switch , as opposed to using a mixer which switches into reverse after brakes are applied for X seconds or two pushes of the brake simultaneously. this can be a real hastle because it can switch into reverse when you dont want it to. this can also cause the chewing of gears and that can be expensive.

i recomend that you do not rush into it and try to go to a couple of different model shops and see what you think. try to see what some of the coustomers think of the after sales care / shop in general because sometimes all the shop wnts to do is sell the product and move on, they are not good to go to. if this is one of ur first rc cars they may try to tell you that nitro is a load of hastle , do not beleive them it is great fun and easy if u look on the internet at the proper steps to use of rc cars

a word of warning. some electric may be faster etc but they become boring.

nothing beats a savage
have fun

dannyol12