RCU Forums - View Single Post - Peak Models 65cc??
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 12:04 PM
T3beatz
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Peak Models 65cc??

I Had got some 2 inch stand offs from online but some guys on here said that the torque from those long stadoffs is bad for the plane (there was a thread on this can't find it right now). So I used the ones that came with the engine and made some wooden Block standoffs that made up the rest of the space I needed. It works pretty good and they hold really strong.

I got my spinner from espritmodel.com it was the nylon one with the aluminum backplate (they srew in with 4 screws from the top like the regular ones do)... They have good prices on fiberglass ones or Carbon fiber also (they screw in from the base of the spinner), I got these becase u don't have to tap the bolts for the spinner srew. If you get one of the others you will have to find a bolt that is tapped on the head to fit or get the one that you have tapped for the screw size. ( I don't wont to have to go through that.) I Have an SPE 26cc engine and the bolt that comes with them are tapped on the head so I can change them out if I want. The Spe's bolt is a little Long so I would have to cut it To make it shorter because the shaft is not that deep on the 65cc's, with the prop on it doesn't tighten all the way, The bolt stops in the shaft before it thightens on the prop. There are a few web sights some one gave me to get bolts from because I asked the same question you just asked me! BCMA, Brillelli....

this is the quote from Truckracer,

"Most off the engine companies .....Zenoah, Brillelli, BCMA, Fuji, just to mention a few .... offer tapped bolts. You can also get one from Ralph at Rcign. I'm surprised your engine didn't come with one as this is just about a standard engine feature."

http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...S&Category=618

I plan on getting one of these soon...
They have different color ones hear and the spinner back plates are solid aluminum, instead of the ones with the lighting holes in them like the espritmodel ones. the prices aren't so bad either.

http://www.mecoa.com/cb/spinners.htm

Here are some pictures of the standoffs, MAKE SURE YOU USE HARD WOOD! The first time I used balsa blocks, LOL! didn't know what I was doing are getting into! they held up for about 4 engine runs then you have to retighten them because of the vibrations and then they started to crack... Changed them out with some other wood that I got from a guy at the field...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93995.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	902398