RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nitro trainers...
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 03:27 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: Nitro trainers...

ORIGINAL: yetti831
You will get too bored too quickly. I suggest you get an Avistar, as it is a more capable plane for the more advanced begginner.
This is a statement that I disagree with. But it's one misconception that is heard a lot from beginner's in the hobby. They think that a basic trainer, or a flat wing trainer in this case, isn't capable of advanced aerobatics. I think that part of the reason people think that is because they are in a hurry to move on to a second "cool" plane, and leave that old trainer behind. I guess it's just human nature to want to fly that flashy sleek looking plane and not your old trainer. But one thing I urge people to do is after they have been flying for 2 or 3 years is to go back to their trainer and fly it again. They will usually have their jaws on the floor in amazement because they had no clue that their trainer was so aerobatic. I fly my Tower Trainer every month or so just to have fun with it. In fact, it's really fun pushing it through advanced aerobatics. And I think that it actually helps the pilot become better at aerobatics because he is getting nothing from the plane and it's all his skills in doing aerobatics. But anyway, when it comes to trainers.... They aren't boring, it's only pilots that are boring!!

Anyway, I'm not trying to jump on you yetti. But I am just trying to help avoid this sterotype that many beginners have. After you've been flying for a year or so go back to your trainer and see if you don't find that I'm right!!!

Ken