RCU Forums - View Single Post - Swastika & Iron Cross
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2003, 02:44 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swastika & Iron Cross

Symbols are important in that they have meaning. They can mean different things to different people. This thread is a fine example of that. I think it's important that we respect each other's opinions, because we're certainly not going to change them here. What goes on one man's model is really no business of mine. If a fellow club member had something I found offensive on his airplane, I'd either ignore it or ask him what it represents to him. Just because I see things one way doesn't mean he can't have a different perspective. There's room for disagreement on this.

All that said, I see little wrong with representing a scale model in the same way the full-scale was marked. Swastikas were part of the scheme. If a person wants their kit-bashed 4*40 to look like a German WW2 fighter, I'd not be upset to see a Swastika on it either. It isn't necessarily an endorsement of Nazis, anti-Semitism, or any other political/racial ideology. There's nothing wrong with admiring the equipement or men of the Luftwaffe. It's little different than admiring the RAF.

This thread is treading on thin ice. Please keep it civil, respect each other's opinions, and focused on the issue of accurate markings on scale/semi-scale RC models. Most everyone has done an admirable job thus far, and should be congratulated on expressing their views in a mature manner.