RCU Forums - View Single Post - transission to 2.4 Ghz
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 02:32 PM
CloudSkipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transission to 2.4 Ghz

Hi,
Sorry to ask something that may have been asked already, but I've been away from this stuff for so long.

From searching on this, I found that you can mix digital and analog servos on any 2.4 Ghz RX. So if I were to buy a new generation radio, I could still use my old servos regardless of which TX I buy. Is that correct or are there exceptions?

The question I haven't found answers to is, are the radio manufacturers already starting to halt production of the old 72/35 Mhz PPM/PCM radios? Are the ones still in stock like the last ones out there?

The thing is that I'll need a new radio "sometime soon", but I'd like to continue with my old one for a while. And I don't mind buying a well-featured old generation radio IF the price is better than a 2.4 Ghz (I will not be flying big planes or doing intense 3D, etc). So I'm wondering if I wait several months before getting the new radio, am I likely to find that there are no more old generation radios by then?

Again sorry for perhaps asking what is to you guys an old question. I need to get up to speed on this and I didn't find all the answers through my searching. I'm wondering if I should be buying a radio sooner if I want the option of the old kind.

Thanks.... hopefully some else who's also been under a rock for a few years will benefit from these questions also