RCU Forums - View Single Post - transission to 2.4 Ghz
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2008, 04:13 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: transission to 2.4 Ghz

You might want to look into buying a good used FM systom that you can convert from FM to 2.4Ghz. I do not want to tell you what to buy, but I will use Futaba 9C as a refference. I've had my 9C since to first came out with the PCM & PPM (FM) capability. When the 2.4Ghz craze started I bought a 2.4 Ghz Fasst Module and 2.4Ghz reciever for it last August. I've been useing both the FM & 2.4Ghz set up in numerious planes until I could replace the FM recievers with 2.4Ghz Fasst Recivers.
I did send my 2.4Ghz Module & reciever in to be checked when the big scare came out a few months ago,and got them both back with a good bill of health. Since I've had the 2.4Ghz systom I have not had any problems with my 9C radio shooting down another plane.
Hobby Services checked by systom out and everthing was covered under warrant and they paid the return shipping. It only cost me $8.00 shipping & handleing. I got them back about a week later.
This year I was able to buy a Futaba 12fG and love it, the radio will work with my existing 2.4Ghz Receivers, and the only thing I have to do is reprogram the planes in my new transmitter.
Going to 2.4Ghz is a big step and Im an gradully moving up to all 2.4Ghz, it just takes time until you can afford it. The 9C radio is still in use and will be used as a back up transmitter in case my 12FG goes down.
So if cost is a problem, look for a good used FM systom that you can convert to 2.4Ghz, and you be fine. I've seen alot of Futaba 9C, 7C and 8U radios selling on RCU some for under $200.00, just becarefull on what you buy and buy smart.
NEDYOB