RCU Forums - View Single Post - transission to 2.4 Ghz
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2008, 10:35 AM
RCPilot100
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: transission to 2.4 Ghz

One issue I have not seen discussed has to do with where you intend to end up down the road if you go with the module system. Let me explain. You buy one brand of 2.4 Ghz module today for your Tx. You use your Tx with module as you convert over and buy more 2.4 Ghz Recievers. Eventually you have maybe 10 2.4 Ghz receivers. With that kind of investment, you are locked in as you upgrade your Tx. Again, say you had a Futaba 9C with a Spektrum module. As you upgrade, you want another Futaba Tx. Ok, as long as Futaba continues to sell Txs that still accept a module. If Futaba doesn't, then you need to change over to a Tx that works with your Spektrum receivers.

Put another way, whatever brand of receiver you buy today and use for all you planes will dictate what Tx you can buy in future roads. What if Futaba stops marketing a module system in two years - your mix and match system can't be upgraded then. On the flip side of the coin, go with the Futaba FAAST system - then you have to buy Futaba only at whatever price they determine. No longer can you mix and match. Proprietary systems aren't going to do much for competition down the road.

Dan