RCU Forums - View Single Post - NEW Hanger9 27% Cap 232G!!!! Build Thread!!!
Old 03-16-2008, 10:14 AM
hdsoar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW Hanger9 27% Cap 232G!!!! Build Thread!!!

ORIGINAL: twistr

Hi folks, here's my setup: HP645 MG Servos all throughout the plane (except throttle), Brison 3.2 gas engine in nosel Running on 2.4 ghz. On takeoff, it acted VERY tail heavy, but once I got it up in some altitude, a few clicks of down and it flies straight and level hands off. I flew her around a few circuits and handled VERY well. I was getting a little confident and tried some axel rolls. I did not get rough with her at all. For a maiden, I still sense that we may be a little tail heavy, even though we've achieved level and straight flight characteristics, I fear landing will be difficult. I begin my descent and upon final approach, the plane tip stalled just a hair and the wing tip touched the runway on landing. No damage at all, but seems like this plane will need to be powered in. I could not get it to "float". Again, I think this is because it's a little tail heavy???

Taxied back to the pits and inspection of the plane finds the wings about to come off. Took off the canopy (which lost one canopy screw in flight), and the plastic pieces to the wing nuts are gone. Just gone. Where did they go, and how did they go there? Break in half? Fall off the all thread bolt? The wings were tight (finger tight) when I put it together. I'm so lucky that the wing did not come out far enough to teeter totter on the metal tube. I put the plane up for the day. Inside inspection shows the fuel tank is leaking. I have yet to search the fuse for those plastic pieces, but not just one, but both were missing from the wing bolts.

Has this happened to anyone? And if so, has Hangar 9 a solution to the problem?

On my Cap I found one of the plastic thumb nuts for the wing attachment had cracked. However, this was after a crash and I dismissed it as damage from the crash. I machined a couple out of aluminum and that was that. I now wonder if it had just cracked on its' own?