RCU Forums - View Single Post - transission to 2.4 Ghz
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2008, 11:21 AM
Big Mike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: transission to 2.4 Ghz

This whole transition period coming down the road will surely bring a settling out of brands and systems. To me it's kind of like Microsoft vs. Apple but instead it's Futaba vs. JR/Spektrum. They don't have to do in the other company to survive. Futaba and JR have existed side by side for a long time. Although I've always gone with Futaba transmitters, with a 9C being my main platform, I've used mostly Hitec or Berg receivers (for both cost and reliability). Hitec servos too. I like 'em. I hope Hitec or somebody similar will enter the game, at least with receivers, to keep Futaba and JR from monopolizing the market and thereby keeping the prices high. Unfortunately, with the economy being so shakey right now, some companies might not survive the transition. This is not a good time to be investing big bucks in new R&D and manufacturing set ups. Interesting times ahead for this hobby and our country in general.

I was 90% sure I was going to go with a new 2.4 ghz. JR setup until I read some of the postings in this thread, especially what Khodges said about AR entering the market and Spektrum having possible teething problems with their stuff. It just reminded me that we are still only in the beginning of this transition and there's probably still a lot of shaking out to come.