RCU Forums - View Single Post - How much is gas where you live?(unleaded)
Old 03-16-2008, 04:00 PM
lee172

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How much is gas where you live?(unleaded)

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Well you gotta look at it like this

The oil companies first gotta build a rig, float it out to sea, drill a hole, nothing there, drill another hole, nothing there, and then drill another hole and finally something.

Then they have to refine the crude oil into petroleum, which BTW is very expensive, then refine it again and change the chemical balence, then transport it to where ever you live, fill it up in the underground tanks ( Which again, are EXTREMELY expensive to build ) hook them up to the pumps, and then sell it to the consumer.

And then again, anyone know how much it costs for a gas station to be built.? The pumps, emergency switches, the tanks. Its unbelievabely expensive.

And they do that for $3 or so per gallon.! And dont forget howmuch the government takes outta that.

Gas companies make very little profit if any at all selling their product. They are not trying to price people out of cars, they're just trying to stay in business.

Ive never complained about the prices, and even when I move, the prices are not gonna stop me from driving what I want. If you want ill do a detailed break down of the costs and let ya'll know how much it really costs to get a gallon of gas from the earth to your fuel tank
i recently saw a news article on how much profit BP (British Petroleum) were making a second, it was crazy!! i'm not saying its cheap for them to drill/supply us with petrol/diesel, but they are not just 'getting by'..