RCU Forums - View Single Post - Tri county racing?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 06:32 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tri county racing?

ORIGINAL: doogs871

I bought 2 hurricane pros from tricounty, and although initial contact seemed good the goods were delivered very late. This isn't the problem though.

The two cars had been removed from the original packaging and placed in another box. The cars were placed side by side in this box, and the TX's and starter kits were thrown on top. The box didn't make the journey and fully collapsed by the time I got them. The lcd's on the TX's were scratched, as were the bodies and wheels. One of the wing mounts was also broken. Both Glow plugs were DOA. One shock was bent and one air filter assembly had come off. One steering servo was also DOA and there were cracks in two rims. The nose on one of the bodies had come off. One TX not functional. One wing bent

As I am from Australia, no point complaining as postage alone to get these parts would be more than the stuff is worth. Also like to note that the engine that had the air filter off on arrival is now dead before 1 gallon, but the other one is going strong.
So now, I have fitted 645MG steering servos, bough a DX3 to replace the dead TX, replaced the shock, replaced two wheels and just putting up with the scratches. Glued the wing mount back together and getting a new SH28 6 port engine.

Costs to fix
2 servos $90
DX3 $180
Wheels $20
Engine $150
Shcok $20
Saying that, love the performance of these Hurricanes, just dissapointed with the vendor, no quality on an AUD $1000 order.

Doogs871

1/8 Hurricane Pro, Kyosho 777, 1/10 Williams F1

were they new? in the box the remote comes in a seperate box.