RCU Forums - View Single Post - transission to 2.4 Ghz
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2008, 09:36 PM
Paul Cataldo
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: transission to 2.4 Ghz

Yes yes, I totally agree that it's BAD JUJU to constantly be fiddling with standard JR type connectors, and that is why I have started using HEAVY DUTY Deans Ultra plugs on EVERY connection possible in my plane. The servo leads on my servos have the servo extensions SOLDERED ON, and then I am buying my switches, regulators (if using LI ION), and batteries with HD 14, 16, or 18awg wiring w/ Deans HD Ultra Plugs on them too.
SO, these Deans Ultra Plugs can be fiddled with AS MUCH as I possibly want, without the fear of one crapping out on me.
I simply HATE standard JR connectors, and I cannot figure out for the LIFE of me, why Futaba and JR won't make Rx's that have slots for higher quality connectors. I realize it wouldn't be feasible to have a 10ch Rx with Deans Ultra Plugs going into it, as it would be literally HUGE, but they COULD come up with some type of connector that is BETTER in quality than those stupid JR universal connectors.
Thanks. Sorry for the confusion, but your post just seemed to suggest a Rx could not be moved from one plane to another very easily...
Thanks buddy!