RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official Rustler Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 01:35 PM
DrDaywalker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Rustler Thread

ok, im no pro with the gearing, but what it sounds like is that you have it geared to high.....or not properly for the system. The blinking red light is telling you that the battery is running at the minimum discharge rate....sometimes the when the esc gets hot it may think that the battery is too low in power, so it goes into safe mode. DO NOT TAKE IT OUT OF SAFE MODE. You will ruin your lipo if you turn this function off. If you have it geared improperly the motor is getting hot which in turn puts strain on the esc trying to push more power to it. When it gets too hot it gets confused and thinks there is a problem with the battery, so it shuts down to maintain itself. I would check your gearing or go back to the stock gearing for now, get yourself a wheelie bar and weigh down the front a bit and see if it still does this. If this doesnt fix your problem get that fan, if that dont work....contact traxxas, from what i understand they are pretty good about warranties and exchanges....but your LHS will not help with this. Let me know how it goes and if you have any more questions.

I have said it many times, I am not a pro..... I just know by trial and error, I am new to this too so take my info as helping but I would do a little more research also.