RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)
Old 03-21-2008, 09:54 AM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)

Iammam - things that go bump in the night? I don't mess around with anything that can cause harm, injury or damage to third party's - Gawd willing!!! For example RX's, I always try and get the best range ones now, having "lost" a plane (54in w/span EZ*), out of range. I use a DX6i set-up now. I never found it but if it had hit someone or something I would be liable. Also servos, find the ones that YOU have faith in, regardless of weight, price or name. Some of the best are no-name ones, bad servos = no control. Speed: we all have control over what speed we do or go for, but I don't fly a 70mph Plane in a busy park or space. The famous Grand prix driver Stirling Moss was asked what was a sensible speed and he replied "49mph for a 50mph corner", words of wisdom. And of course, the bloody weather. I won't fly now in anything where I might loose control or the plane, its just not worth it. I live in a wind tunnel called Glasgow and I can fly once in 3/4 days cos of winds, but I know my planes and other people will survive.
So what you flying, share with us all.