RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)
Old 03-21-2008, 01:09 PM
iamman711

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)

ORIGINAL: tam popo

So what you flying, share with us all.
Hey there,

I fly all Parkzone for now. Typhoon 2 3D RTF, T-28 Trojan RTF, and now I have the F-27C Stryker RTF but will not fly until I get some landing gear installed.

I'm fiddling with the Stryker now and that Tiger Meet paint that comes with it sort of dusts off and I inhale it and it makes my lower posterior torso hurt. I know that doesnt make any sense but I think its asbestos material. Who knows if its safe? Any doctors here hehe. <-- for amusement purposes only (please ignore unless you'd like to comment about it).

Anyway and back to topic, I want to do all kinds of things to my Stryker and i anticipate that it will take probably a month before I can finish my plane with:

1) steerable nose gear
2) retractable tricycle landing gear
3) battery hatch affixed via magnets
4) rear hatch affixed via screws
5) Carbon fiber tubing to reinforce body
6) set up a flycamone2 camera connected to servo for remote camera adjustment.

I'm trying to figure out where to place all the servos, wires, tubing, etc as there is very little real estate to work with on this plane and I already have a full range receiver (AR6200) inside.

I'm really good with technology and computers, but not so much mechanically. Its gonna take me a while to figure all this stuff out as I am relatively new to RC (long time admirer; fledgling participant). But in the end I'll have one crazy SUPER-STRYKER! Note how I don't plan on doing any electronics upgrades... yet.

Any tips, parts recommendations, comments, anything? I'm all ears![&:]