RCU Forums - View Single Post - Purchased an 8t yesterday...
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 10:50 PM
RoadRash19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Purchased an 8t yesterday...

Too bad the forum didn't have a running sticky post with the latest prices people are getting. That would be pretty cool. Cherokee, did you post the coupon code up somewhere for others? Without it, I see they are still $20 less than ultimate at $569.

Got the 8t today, then I spent a few hours going through it checking to make sure everything was snug and adjusted. Then I spent the rest of the time breaking it in. I was running my 5th tank through it when it was dark. I'm still taking it pretty easy on it for a few more tanks.

The only other truck I had was the revo. So WOW, what a difference. So easy to tune. I'm still running a litte richer than needed, but it goes from mid-70's during the day, to 45-50 when it's dark, so I'd be fighting against myself at this point to get it perfect. I kept the temps at about 205-210. Did I say this thing was easy to tune?

Handling so far is crazy. It turns on a dime. I kept worrying I was going to flip it. On a flat surface, I don't think I can. I can't wait until its fully run in and everything is adjusted the way I want. My friends with their MTs are gonna get killed..lol....Only thing I need to work on a little bit is the clutch. It slips a lot before engaging.