RCU Forums - View Single Post - REVO VS. T-MAXX 3.3
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 08:24 AM
SAVAGEJIM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REVO VS. T-MAXX 3.3

ORIGINAL: [email protected]

ok so give me pros and cons on these two trucks and please give me a reason why i should buy it not just a +1 or get revo

Thanks

your favorite filipino.
I put my vote for Revo also, a much better truck and more duable than the T-Maxx in all respects. The innovations such as the single piece shaped chassis, the rocker arm suspension design, the center pointing tilted engine head engine mount, and many more designs all contribute to a more easier to handle and durable truck than Maxx will even be.

The Maxx's flat plate chassis does not stand a chance against Revo's single piece shaped chassis. If you were to run a T-Maxx head on into a Revo, both going about 25MPH, I bet the Revo will suffer way less chassis damage than the T-Maxx. As already said by other posters, the bulkhead design of the Maxx leaves alot to be desired.

Handlingwise, Revo all the way. The Revo has a much better moment of inertia so it can corner like a scared cat juking a pit bull dog. The Revo also has a much better center of mass and stance geometry so it will not roll over as easily as T-Maxx. Even though Revo suspension arms suck, those can be easily upgraded with RPM arms and the Revo will just about become bullit proof on the track.

The T-Maxx, when it introduced us all to nito trucks in '98 or '99, was THE innovative truck at the time. But today, the T-Maxx is an out-of-date design, even with its current upgrades. Traxxas will have to redesign its single flat plate chassis and bulkheads to bring it up to par with other basher trucks out there.

Bottom line, I will buy a Revo any day over the Revo. Though T-Maxx is cheaper, the money I spend of Revo would be much more cost effective in the repairs and upgrades to make it an all-round track machine-and-some-bashing truck. If I want a basher, I would buy a Savage, or even a CEN Genesis/Nemesis. But for speed and way excellent track handling, and even for some small bashing activities, Revo all the way.