RCU Forums - View Single Post - A newbie, thinking of collecting kits through the "hard times"...Just an idea.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 AM
Gray Beard
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: A newbie, thinking of collecting kits through the "hard times"...Just an idea.

What I have seen over the years is the kit makers have all been going to the ARFs and quit making kits at all. If you see something that you really like then by all means buy it and keep it, in A few years it may be gone and/or turned into an ARF.
I drug my feet when I really wanted the giant Aeromaster kit. It was 200 beans and I just couldn't turn loose with that kind of money for A kit. Then it was no longer produced, now it's an ARF. Still A nice plane but I really wanted to build one.
Any of the bigger War Birds would be my choice for kit hoarding plus the nice 60 sized Goldburg kits. I love building and flying there Extra and Sukhoi.
I have been picking up kits at auctions for almost nothing but I can't keep my hands off of them and they get built quickly.
Just collecting kits can be fun and if you decide to ever build them then you have what you want.
It's also nice to see A young woman getting into the hobby. Stay with it!!