RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lanier Extra 330 94" ARF
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 12:10 AM
kochj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lanier Extra 330 94" ARF

I just recieved my extra today!....

Everything came in imaculate except the cowl had a warp and some minor cracks.....Very difficult to get on the plane even when heated....
I will call Tower tommorrow.....

This plane IS much smaller than the Yak 94" I agree with MITSU1......

The airframe is SOOOOOO light it is UNREAL!>...

I feel like a 50cc would power this plane.... I am not sure that the wingspan is 94" but I didn[t check it ....

Everything fit perfect (minding the cowl) and Laneir even packed the wing box differently than any other plane in the 50cc or the 94".....
They packed the hardwere in the wing box and had split the alerons from the wings and even had a separate support to keep the wings from moving while shipping!....

The internal structure is the same as the edge 94" so there will be no issues of reliablility with this airframe......
It should hold up great.... I will be giving the epoxy treatment from behind the firewall all the way back to half the fuse....OR I may add some stock to the sides...

This may be a moot point though, due to me making a tuned pipe or canester tunnel....
THis will provide plenty of extra strength to the fuse, and if done right, not much weight will be added to the airframe...
Unfortionatly I do not have a Laser cutter though
I think I may have access to a cnc machine ! I believe I could cut some aircraft grade plywood and balsa with that though.

This plane will be a real hoot to fly...

I may pick up a 80cc 3w for this one or even a 75cc.... This airframe will not need much to make it fly....

My Yak will take a 80-85cc as it is bigger and will weight slightly more....

Justin

Side note on the 87 Lanier planes............

They also got themselves in trouble by CLAIMING the wieght would come in at 16lbs!!!!!!!
That is why the got themselves in trouble as well....