RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite T-34?????
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2003, 05:45 PM
Steve Campbell2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite T-34?????

Has this kit turned out to be a dud? A search shows no new substantive posts since the first batch of kits began arriving last year.

I'm considering this one, but would like to see some real-world feed-back (as opposed to an everything-is-wonderful review in a model magazine) before I decide.

What's the story on the Robart retracts for this model? I keep hearing rumbles of discontent regarding certain Robart retracts from the scale guys at my club. Of course, a couple of them aren't too happy with Century Jet, either...

So, I'm looking for information such as: how much did yours weigh finished out (and what materials used?)? Is the Robart purpose-designed (for this model) retract set-up the way to go? Is there enough room in the cowl for an inverted 91/120 four-stroke installation?

This would be my first scale attempt. I've built plenty of sport kits, ARFs, and helicopters. This project would be as much to give a couple of guys in my club a heart attack as it is for my enjoyment...<G>

I'm always razzing them about the problems they continually encounter with their scale models, while I just fuel'n'fly. They would never dream of me doing an actual serious scale project. This T-34 looks like a good kit to cut one's teeth on...

Steve