RCU Forums - View Single Post - What The.... Noooooooo!
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 02:45 PM
ericlawrence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What The.... Noooooooo!

Hello Jim: I have a Futaba T6EXAP with my newer VTi and a Hitec Eclipse 7 on my earlier VTi. I have started to experiment with the sensivitity to eliminate the wobble after reading about trees and walls. I have the original brushed motors with heat sinks installed and black plastic props. I have a brace kit I was considering installing (will it make that much difference?). I am very careful in ensuring my birds are last to go on and first to turn off after learning the hard way. You can imagine a newbie watching his bird flip at full throttle (also very dangerous with my T-rex machines). Fortunately, I had a .91 wire roll cage over the DF board. Alas, my newer DF board is not getting a consistent signal. I have an authorization to send it in for repair under warranty. I eventually want to go brushless although the modification looks a bit daunting. I have two earlier boards Spectrolutions will swap for newer brushless boards for less than the going rate for a board replacement. The benefits look to be well worth it and I believe I am nearing the point where I can make the modification. I am also going to order the newer stiffer props I have been reading about. Regrettably, more wind this day which takes the fun out of flying my DF. Therefore, I am working on my T-rex 450's (both eCCPM and mCCPM). The setup is giving me fits despite my best efforts with calipers etc. Since I have six months on Real Flight 3.5 with great success, I am confident once I get the mechanicals down, I will be flying high. Fortunately, forums have proven to be a valuable resource since I do not have access to fly clubs - - Eric