RCU Forums - View Single Post - Show us your Beaver!
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 07:02 PM
cgcrc

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Show us your Beaver!

Hi Fellows;

Thanks for your comments. As mentioned, the model has been trimmed out fairly well now. But I did put a ventral fin on for a little more stability in the air. Haven't tried it yet, was about to before the water "tightened" up last fall.

See attached pic of the ventral fin. ( built very light and covered with mylar)

Hi Paul nice to chat again, have been pretty busy re work etc. etc. now back to the models, yah.

1) I have to "fess up" on the retractable water rudders, that pic is "photo shopped". My brother at the time had a new lap top computer where he could enhance, erase, switch around etc. the pics. So I asked if he could retract the rudders and sure enough there it is.
The other thing in that pic, is take a look in the cockpit. You will see a faint pic of yours truly wearing a white T shirt with sunglasses.
( That was the only pic that we touched up)

2) I ran out of channels on my radio thus no retarct rudders. Yes you can have retract rudders. A fellow modeler here in Ontario did a nice set up running a cable system down through the bottom of the fuse then into a "Y" down to pulleys on each float then to the rudders.

3) I mounted servos in each float, has worked pretty well but I did modify the float access hatch. (Yes a little water will get in the floats).

Stay in touch fellows.

Regards
Randy

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj21374.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	916885