RCU Forums - View Single Post - losi speed t vs rustler vxl
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2008, 07:10 PM
TheTruckingGuru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: losi speed t vs rustler vxl

ORIGINAL: cheech4

im beginning to get sick of these threads comparing the 2.. bottom line is ones a racer the other is a basher, both are fast and one comes with a better radio.. buy what ever floats your boat and do research before making threads like these.
This thread is part of his research. I have not heard of anyone racing the Speed T or know if it is raceable. I think being 2wd it may not be the best racer, but could be a good street basher when Losi fixes their differential and tranny problems. Anyone on this forum know how long it took Losi to come out with the Mini LST2 after the Mini LST? I think we can expect a Losi Speed T2 sometime next year. I to have had problems with my Losi trucks breaking all the time even though they are heavily moded to be strong. I recently stripped the front differential gears and snaped an axle on my Mini LST2; I also lost the pin that connects the wheel to the axle when it snapped. My Emaxx needed several upgrades to make it durable. I thought maybe being 4x4 makes these trucks less durable for off road bashing and jumping; but then I constantly try to break my brushless 4x4 Associated RC18B and it takes the jumps in stride. The bottom chassis is starting to wear down from bottoming out so much. I can't even wear down a battery pack on my Losi Trucks without breaking something. I think the guy with idea of putting the Losi Brushless motor and ESC into the Rustler had the best idea. Also throw the reciever and use the Losi Radio into it while your at it. In fact that is a really good idea. I might buy the Speed T just for that. Maybe Losi would sell more if they marketed the Speed T as an "upgrade pack" for your Rustler For $300 your Ruslter can have a better Motor, ESC and Radio, thats a great upgrade. Then you can throw a cheap brushed motor, esc, and reciever into the Speed T and then maybe it will not break as often; or this that hoping for to much.