RCU Forums - View Single Post - Last roll call before placing order. Please Chime in, much appreciated
Old 03-30-2008, 03:48 PM
n19htmare
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Last roll call before placing order. Please Chime in, much appreciated

ORIGINAL: tsawyer148

What are you using the Karbonite gear servo for?

I have owned 2 of the Avistars and both have the TT Pro .46. They are a great trainer and the combo will do very well for you. I guess the only thing I don't see in your cart that will definitely need either now or the near future is a glow ignitor and fuel pump of some sort.

Hobbico makes what they call the Field Pack deluxe
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXL421&P=7
which will include some the items you already have, plus a glow ignitor and charger as well as a fuel pump and can fittings as well as some other goodies that may come in handy.

Other than that, looks like you are ready to...Good luck and have fun!!!!

T.
The Karbonite is for the rudder/steer servo. the 3004 is for the Throttle, ailerons and elevator.

I'm an RC Car guy so plently of glow ignitors and plugs (os8, mc59, LC3) sitting around but what is recommended for the TT.46?

The hobbypack you linked to is nice but it includes some stuff I own already such as the glow igniter, plugs, charger, 4-way wrench. I do appreciate the link
I forgot about the pump so i'll add that, went with the tower hobby brand as it's a bit cheaper.

ORIGINAL: FatOrangeKat

Do you need: CA glue, Hand Fuel pump, Fuel, After run oil, Rechargeable glow plug ignitor, Prop reamer, Thread lock, Lead weights, 1/4" foam rubber, Voltwatch? These are all things I got with my first orders (except prop reamer and after run oil; still need to get both).
CA Glue: got some from the car side of the hobby both thin and thick.
Pump: See above just ordered, Thank you for reminding me though
After run, glow plugs, thread lock...all I have

Fuel: Local shops carry PowerMaster, Cool power, and cool power Omega. WHich of these do you all recommend?

Voltwatch: That would be nice actually for quick looks rather than busting out my voltmeter to measure.

Lead weights and foam rubber I forgot about so i'll get that... links to recs?

Lastly...RECEIVER BATTERY??? Please make some recommendations?