RCU Forums - View Single Post - Last roll call before placing order. Please Chime in, much appreciated
Old 03-30-2008, 09:58 PM
n19htmare
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Last roll call before placing order. Please Chime in, much appreciated

ORIGINAL: tsawyer148

A two wire standard switch will be plenty. 4.8 volt will be plenty. Keep the plane light and simple. The engine has plenty of power but it is not an advanced aerobat by any means. It will teach you to take off and land and give you a taste of basic aerobatics, (loops, rolls, etc.), yet is still very forgiving.

You may want to go to someplace like www.servocity.com and see if you can put together what you need, (servos, battery, switch). If you catch them at the right time, they will have some pretty good sales.

I put together a quick shopping cart with 4 each S3004 servos, a standard Futaba 1,000mah NiCad battery and a standard Futaba switch harness with charge jack and the total was $79.86.

Don't know if that helps...

T.
Since I'm ordering from TH, I thought maybe I'll order once and not pay shipping on it. that's why all the shopping is being done at tower.

I'm wondering if I should just make my own 4.8V packs and shrink tube them. Good Idea? I'm pretty good at soldering or consider myself to be. I can get (2) 2400mah 4.8V Energizer packs because I have a brand new 8 pack sitting right here. Just need to buy the J connectors. Bad Idea?