RCU Forums - View Single Post - Saito 91 on Gasoline
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 10:21 AM
Jezmo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Saito 91 on Gasoline

I flew the Saito for almost 2 hours this Saturday and found one minor problem with it. The big stick has a 12oz tank which for gasoline is a bunch on an engine this size. After about 20 minutes the engine starts getting too lean and I would have to land and either fill up or richen up the needles just a tad. 20 minutes isn't bad for a run but that's only about 1/2 to 2/3 of a tank so I may look into putting a regulator on it. (or maybe a pumper carb, Zama or Walbro) I just filled it up each time instead of playing with the needles because 20 mins of looking up is enough for my old neck.

Alfred, I am probably not the right person to try to explain setting up the ignition timing. It's not hard and if you buy one of the CH ignitions (others may include them as well) they come with a paper explaining how to set the timing as well as a paper degree wheel. I am not changing the threads and instead I am using a 1/4X32 sparkplug that screws right in place of the glow plug. It's made by Rimfire although NGK makes them as well.

Ralph, it's all the work that troubles me on the video. I don't have a lot of time to spare for that type of thing but I will try and get some video up. (To try and put it into perspective, I work 40 hrs a week for a major airline, run a small business of my own, volunteer all day Friday at my church, and somewhere in there do all of this converting and flying.)