RCU Forums - View Single Post - What problems can I expect with aluminum upgrade parts?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:23 AM
firstrc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What problems can I expect with aluminum upgrade parts?

Okay let me just say... First - I appreciate the honest opinions.
But before this goes any further please understand I am not going to get a different car. I have way to much into this that I won't get back. Besides - I really like this car. It only breaks because of the power output and the surface I am running on. I do half of my running on a rough grass surface. The other half is on the road. I have only ever hit something once - a curb - I was in a power slide and hit gravel... it hit the curb with the full left side of the car and nothing broke. That being said... that is the side of the car where parts are breaking now (hmmm). First the rear axle was sheared on a full throttle accel on the asphalt. Now the rear axle holder broke in half on that same side. That broke when I was running full throttle across the rough grass. Oh and by the way... when I say rough grass... I mean really rough... it sends the car 4 inches into the air several times across the field when its at full throttle. It is like mini jumps. Maybe the parts were just weakend from the curb impact??? any opinions?? I have not hit any big jumps yet.

I guess I was a little excited when I said something breaks everytime. Forgive me.. in all honesty it is about every third time I run it.

I appreciate all the input so far.

Please keep it coming.