RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)
Old 03-31-2008, 11:40 AM
tam popo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)

Kevin - you are right in a way, I used to go to the DSide thread where I leant a lot about Strykers, still my fave plane. There will never, ever be a bullet-proof Stryker, all we can do is minimise the damage caused when these birds go down. I'm a believer that bigger chunks of foam are better than small, itsy bitsy pieces, you don't need as many bin liners to carry the plane home!!! We nearly all start by inserting rods etc, using tape, glassing etc, but some of the birds on this thread are salvaged Strykers, resurrected to fly again using the least possible amount of $$£££, rightly or wrongly. We don't skimp on safety, trying to buy the best servos and RX's. They can be as fast as you want to go. My own SonodSatan has no nosecone, cut down and epoxied fins, balsa elevons and a 200W motor with 1700 3S and can scare me shoeless, but when it does crash the damage is minimal. Thats my take on this thread and long may it carry on in some form or other. Thanks......