RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glennis Wheels
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2008, 01:12 PM
GlennisAircraft
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Glennis Wheels

Alberto: your reply is on the way in the next hour or so. Wheels/brakes are on their way.
As I wasn't satisfied with the version we already manufactured for the HE-162, I made a critical mistake and updated them to actual photos I had taken at a museum recently - at least as close as I could in 3 1/2" diameter. We put an effort into having all products as scale as we can. I probably should have just shipped what we had and left it at that.

I should explain a couple of things before we get too far.

I don't know who dbarrym is so I can't comment on why he didn't receive an answer (or that he may have?). No matter what you have heard through the 'grapevine' - if your request requires a bunch of research on my end, you may not get an immediate answer. I can't help that - it is just the way it is when I have to come up with a bunch of info I don't have right on hand. Some individuals have a bad "email" habit, that results in several dozen e-mails, and sometimes we just don't respond to all of them, especially if we can condense 5 or 6 into one reply.

Kirk on the other hand ordered a set of completely custom - one of a kind wheels/brake for a Tucano turboprop. In the end the bolt detail (on the gear door side) was missed, and I offered to add it at no charge, and when he refused, there was nothing I could do. Keep in mind the set of 3 wheels (with no brakes) only cost him $235.00. The were 5" diameter mains and a 3 1/2" nose wheel. You can compare the photo's below of the full size and what he got and see what you think. In my opinion pretty nice for that price.

Sure - the order ran long - in his e-mail to me he claimed 5 weeks, now he says 8 - either way in his e-mail to me he said it wasn't a big deal as the kit hadn't arrived yet. I still have all of
his e-mail correspondence so I was able to check this out this morning.

In the future, if you call for custom items and are told we won't do them any longer - individuals like this are why - remember this thread and others like it in the future. We have been in business 20 years now, so something is going right, but we will start dropping this really nice custom stuff.

Wow. I just read that policy you posted. Again, wow.....

Yellow Aircraft, JetCat Engines, Skymaster ARF+ and Turn Key Jet
As far as our Terms - they are there for a reason - not that we don't care about our customers - if that is what you get out of it, you need to reread them. Our stuff isn't imported from China - it is manufactured in the United States. I am not going to hang out a bunch of expense without having a set of guidelines of how we do business. If you don't agree with them, please, do us both a favor and don't order. We are in no shortage for custom orders from 1 3/4" to 9" diameter right now. We are working 7 days a week to fill orders. We appreciate all customers and orders, but nice stuff is going to take more time.

I personally / we overall have encountered some personal problems in the last 4 months that those who have picked up the phone are well aware of. These are not important or an excuse, but they have caused some delays I have to admit.

Below: Full size Tucano on left - our 5" item on right

Dennis

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Eb86625.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	919996   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67338.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	919997