RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
kamekazixc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official XTM X-Cellerator thread!!

hey guys im back. well a series of unfortunate events happened over my spring break. i got my truggy x-cell all finished up and i wish i took pics before this happened. i went outside to test it. got the thing painted the way i wanted it to be, got it to look the way i wanted it to be, and run the way i wanted it to be. i went with a friend and we brought our trucks with us. we decided to go to this concrete place. big open area, pretty flat. you guys know what flat, big areas are for. BASH FEST!!! well we were both doing some high speed runs when i heard a weird sound coming from my truck. it sounded like a little grinding sound. i thought oh great the spur is going again, so i thought i might as well end it's misery. i went WOT becuase i sort of got a little mad. darn spur gears. [:@] it turns out that grinding sound was from my pinion that got loose and came closer to the motor mount. this in turn caused some wicked interference and with the help of me going WOT, bet you guys can think what happens next... outta control truck.[X(] that was the last i saw of my "new" truck. it tore off straight towards a cement truck. to me the cement truck looked like it was still but when focused on your runnaway you miss a few details. apparently it was backing up and i got a little happy think my truck would miss it. hell no. it turned straight for the cement truck. it managed to get right under the left front tire of the cement truck as it was backing up. all 10-20 tons of metal and cement crushed my poor truck. i felt sick. the sound i heard was not only the cage bending and such, but to me it sounded like it was screaming. fortunately the only damage was that to the chassis, or what was left of it, and a broken receiver. what made me mad was that my failsafe was in one piece. [:@] not for long. it didn't work for me and i made sure it won't again. so now im back to the old chassis and i think it works better. i don't feel like making a new one being that it's a pain and i don't want to go through this ordeal again.

R.I.P. x-cell truggy 06- 08

oh well $h!t happens. this gives me an excuse to buy another rc so i guess it's ok. lookin at a t-maxx
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15507.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	921175   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38416.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	921176