RCU Forums - View Single Post - New Great Planes Revolver
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 01:11 PM
kranie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Great Planes Revolver

if you are using a smaller prop (11" ect) this will allow less resistance and the plane will come in faster. larger props like my 13-6- when the prop rpm slows it works like a big air brake and slows the plane down. Using the throttle and elevator fly down to 2-3 ft from the ground and cut the power and flare.

I am used to flying faster planes so I guess I just know how to bring her in.

Often times people misjudge how fast the plane is actually traveling when they are bringing it in on final.

A trick I have learned: (1st make sure you have checked the stall point of the plane and what it does when it does stall. If you haven't done this already take it up to 2 or 3 mistakes high and slow it down until it stalls. Then you will learn how slowly you can fly and what to look for just before it stalls.) Next bring it around in front of you when getting ready to land on the down wind leg. Slow it down to a reasonable 'slow speed' (about 10-15 mph faster than stall speed) Next gradually turn ithe plane around 180 degrees so it is now flying trward you into the wind. Becarefull of the plane's airspeed when turninig- make sure you have the nose pointed slightly down or level with some power (turns use airspeed). you now you have a better idea how fast the plane is going. Often times the plane is moving much faster than you think it is. Hopefully this helps. Despite the narrow swept back landing gear- it lands better than I thought it would. Once on the ground you have to fly the tail a bit until it slows down more. But over all it flys great!

Good luck!