RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 10:15 PM
zestril5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

thelocksmith

Your understanding is correct. One caution though. a 5000MAH battery costs over $100 more than a 2100 or 2200 MAH battery. You wil NOT double your flight times. In my opinion anyway, the most cost effective is the 2100 or 2200 mah battery for may applications. Perhaps others have $.02 to contribute regarding this arbitrary number but it's the most common battery recommended by most contributers posting in this and the supercub forum.

I can't speak for all the batteries at Hobby CIty but I have purchase and distributed to 5 other flyers both zippy and ABF batteries. We are all happy with them.

Now for some bad news. I doubt that the charger that came with the T-28 will properly charge the batteries we're talking about. It might, I don't really know. BUT......if you intend to stay in the hobby don't go cheap on a battery charger. All else is fleeting and destroyable with the wrong turn of a dial. But a battery charger is a Necessity and as you continue into the hobby you will acquire different types and sizes of batteries. You want a charger that will handle all of these not just one. You also want a charger that can charge both at the field and at home. You also want a charger that can charge quickly and charge more than 1 battery at a time.

Check Tower hobby for their Superbrain 977 or Hobico.com for the Accu-cycle elite. Both are great chargers. Neither is cheap. But I look at the charging of batteries to be the heart of the whole flying operation. Cheap wouldn't really be prudent.