RCU Forums - View Single Post - Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 09:57 PM
MAX HEADSPEED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Parkzone North American T-28 Trojan

I had sent an e-mail to HH last week stating that my replacement T28, the 5th and hopefully final unit in a series of attempts to acquire one that would function properly or didn't have an improperly formed main wing or a bent motor shaft or wasn't busted up junk in the box, had been manufactured with two(2) dsvs instead of one(1) thereby border-lining or over-loading the the ESC IAW the chart for the ESC spec sheet. I asked them if this was a mistake and if the servo should be changed out or should I 'JUST FLY IT' like it says on the box? The parts listing shows only one DSV being used on the rudder/nose wheel steering and the other three being micro servos but not digital. This issue was addressed earlier in this thread but was never resolved or discussed since.
So both servos in the fuse, rudder/steering and elevator are digital and the servos in the main wings are not digital. I told them of my concerns about having an issue with this B1-RD and that I would wait for their reply concerning this matter prior to giving it up to the air and gravity gods.
I haven't heard a peep from them in a week. Seven days! Maybe they lost my E-mail. Maybe it's just a simple little communist left wing conspiracy. I'll let you all know what they have to say about this matter if and when they respond. They've always been great help in the past. I hope they don't drop the ball now.
I don't want it to fail like it did during its January 7th 2008 5 minute maiden flight which was awesome until a control glitch took her out of the sky on its downwind turn to base for final on landing. A perfect low level left snap-roll from a right banking turn....wow! That was one long and memorable retrieval hike/stroll across a goose **** and mud covered field. My friend's T28 was glitch'in badly but he was able to land it. The whole kit was replaced by his LHS.

KEEP'EM FLY'IN!