RCU Forums - View Single Post - Noob Radio Questions
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2008, 10:43 PM
mdavis203

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Noob Radio Questions

ORIGINAL: bigedmustafa

The Airtronics RDS8000 2.4Ghz radio system is $229.99 before discounts and offers 8 channels of control, advanced airplane and helicopter programming and mixing, and additional full range 8-channel receivers for $79.99 each. It's hands-down the best value in spread spectrum radios on the market.

With Tower Hobbies' current promotions, you can order it now for $199.99 plus shipping and handling. If you're a Tower Hobbies Super Saver Club member, it's only $194.99 and shipping and handling are free.

I'm a happy Futaba 7CAF owner, but if I were to buy a spread spectrum radio today I wouldn't hesitate to order the RDS8000. More features, less money, cheaper additional 8-channel full range receivers. What's not to love?
That's what I was thinking... Airtronics is a no-brainer. But then again, I have almost zero experience in this hobby. What do the Futaba 7-channel or the Spektrum 7-channel have over the Airtronics that would make me want to pay more for a radio that has 1 less channel than the RDS8000? Does the Airtronics have less features or something?