RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba FASST feedback and TESTING
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Gary Arthur
My Feedback: (29)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba FASST 6

Bob

I understand what you are saying in your post. It is good to finally put to rest all the speculation of whether it is an intentional design change or an oversight.

Now that we all know it is an intentional change, one that is basically leading the industry, we will see others following. Aftermarket suppliers will adapt to the new standard and the end user will need to be educated and show caution when mixing and matching various components both old and new.

One thing to mention that has been mentioned earlier, is Futaba's FASST system has an incredible link between the Tx and Rx. there have not been any reports of lost signals.

In my shop, I was setting up my F15 and one servo became jittery. At first I thought oh no, here we go with an issue. Then I checked my Rx battery and it was below 3 volts. I guess I was too focused on setting up the plane and left the RX on for a while until the voltage dropped so low. Interesting enough, the Rx kept functioning.

I am not sold on the hitech servo conclusion you have reached. I read that you lost a RPV due to a servo failure, but this was one servo out of how many you have used in the past. I am sure other brands also have a certain number of failures. I for one have had other brands fail and go full throw in one direction (one Jr and one Futaba). Maybe you can give more details on the failure and if there are some very serious issues, we could all become more enlightened.

So far this thread has been very informative. Lets keep up the stream of information that allows us to move ahead with our hobby.