RCU Forums - View Single Post - Diesels are dead - apparently!
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 10:39 AM
sunspot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diesels are dead - apparently!

As I mentioned before I'm new back to modelling after a long break (25 years). I visited my nearest model shop to get diesel fuel for my old DC dart and paw to be told he doesn't stock it because diesels are dead!

It seems he might not be far wrong in my area (southern England) as none of the half dozen model shops I called or dozens viewed on the web sell diesel fuel. I eventually found two web sources 100s of miles away and prices about 2.5 times higher than glow. One wanted to charge over £30 GBP to deliver (inflammable liquid surcharge of £22 for any volume), the other £8.99 for up to 4 UK gallons. You can guess which I chose and I get about a gallon for £45 to my door.

As glow fuel from my local shop is £15 a gallon and there is no guarantee I'll be able to get diesel at all in the future I feel I'm probably wasting money and time on diesels. I was thinking of an Enya ss25 D in an r/c trainer, should I just go electric?

How does everyone else get their fuel? Do you all have the same problem or is it just the south of England?