RCU Forums - View Single Post - SARS Virus and Importing from Asia
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2003, 07:07 PM
PalmSizeHeliMan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SARS Virus and Importing from Asia

There is a lot of being said about it but I don't buy everything I hear in the news. The idea of news is to inform you but at the same time not to cause world panic and sometimes some facts are not totally given out.

I've read that dust mites can also encapsulate a virus, and sometimes human hand sweat/oil that may be on the surface of the product can have ill producing results if you happen to inadvertently breath the contaminated dust, or intake the contaminant into your body through contact.

This thread's topic raised my interest. I recently purchased an airplane toy from a major manufacturer which I will not name to protect its identy, but while opening the package I noticed a dark brown rather gooey and crusty substance attached to the adheasive that was supplied with the kit. I put on surgical gloves and placed the substance under my duaghter's microscope only to detect that is was the residue of a dead roach. Very disgusted, I threw the whole kit away, it wasn't worth that much, or my time to send it back and go through the red tape to get a new one or my money back. Perhaps this is a rare ocasion but I will simply not purchase from such manufacturer ever again.

Although I am not the type to panic, this incident has raised my concern with products received from Asia.