RCU Forums - View Single Post - Airtronics RD 6000 ......help!
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2003, 04:05 AM
CP140

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airtronics RD 6000 ......help!

Blvdbuzzard,

That might have been a thread I started last summer...I did have a problem with the throttle pot assembly on mine. Bringing the throttle all the way down did not clear the "throttle high" warning and I ended up sending it in to Airtronics to have it looked at. From what I could tell of the work order, they replaced the throttle pot assembly.. (it happened a couple of times to mine and Airtronics were nice enough to replace my RD6000 original with a Super complete with servos etc... how's that for customer service!)

Richard39,

Oh yeah... you said you got the manual with it...I should really try this reading thing!

I've just sat down with mine and changed an unused memory location into a Heli (ick!). Here's what should happen. With your radio off, set your throttle to somewhere above idle. Set the two toggle switches down (the ones marked gear/flap or flight mode 2/flight mode 1). Turn your radio on. You should get beeping and a "ID-UP!" warning. Move both switches up, the beeping will continue, but the warning should now say "TH-HI!". Now move the throttle all the way down to idle. The beeping should stop and the "TH-HI!" message should go away. If that doesn't work, I think you might have the same problem I did and may need to send it in to be looked at. The other thing you can try is change your type from heli to airplane, turn radio off, move throttle to above idle, turn radio on. Should get "TH-HI!" warning and beeping. Moving throttle to idle should stop beeping and clear the warning message. If it doesn't...I'd say your throttle assembly needs looked at.