RCU Forums - View Single Post - ultra stick as a second plane
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 01:08 AM
NorfolkSouthern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ultra stick as a second plane

My experiences with the Twist and the Tango indicate that the Ultra Stik would have relaxing and forgiving flight characteristics. Smooth, predictable, stable, aerobatic. With several flap options available at the toss of a switch, I am sure one can come up with a lot of very interesting experiments with this airframe. The fact that the Ultra Stik is a high-wing as opposed to a mid or low-wing gives the tendancy to self-correct more during flight. Being a mid-wing, the Twist is very easy to fly and stalls are easy to correct (for example, comming out of a snap with full elevator during a stunt), but you do have to be on the sticks at all times. The Twist is considerd by many to be an excellent choice for a second plane, with rates dialed down. With the Ultra Stik having better stability as a high-wing, it''s likely easier to fly than the Twist, and the Twist is one of the easiest and most forgiving planes I''ve flown besides the Hobbico Superstar. If the Twist is easy and forgiving, that should make the advantages of the Ultra Stik more obvious, which further confirms my vote.

NorfolkSouthern