RCU Forums - View Single Post - Polyeurethane glues
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 02:51 PM
beau0090_99

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polyeurethane glues

I have been building a Sig Sealane kit for about a month now and have used Elmers Ultimate Glue, which I have had onhand for a while. It is a plywood and balsa laser cut kit and have had excellent results with the glue. Now, I have been doing some research here to understand people''s oppinions of glue vs. Epoxy and they seem mixed. I glued the wing joiner in with the Poly, but I still need to mount the engine pod and boom to the wing (1/4" ply connections). This glue does not seem to foam up as much as the Gorilla brand glue, and it seems to penetrate the wood much better than a 30 minute epoxy, but I am concerned that it will become more brittle than the epoxy and loosen up with engine use. Does anyone out there have experience with a boom mount using the poly glues and if I should avoid it? I don''t have epoxy, but can certainly buy some if need be, the poly just seems like it has been a great glue to work with.
Thanks,
Curtis
P.S. I am not looking for a rant on Epoxy vs. Poly, just some practical experience and concerns.