RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official DB-01 Durga Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2008, 09:40 PM
gman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official DB-01 Durga Thread

I took my durga for a run today. I had incredible bash session with my new Lipo battery for the second day in a row. I had so much fun today and now realize what all the hype about Lipo technology is about. Along side my Team Orion 3600 carbon edition lay my Mamba Max 6900 system which is the only brushless system i have owned, but to me is the best out there. Once the motor starts to lose performance i will probably replace it with something non Castle creations. Has anyone tried out the orion vortex motors? If so i would love to hear feedback about it.
The options on my Durga includes the new Tamiya dampers(which have been great so far. ), the obvious slipper clutch, front one way, aluminum front and rear suspension mounts(Awesome), the TA-05 carbon battery strap, 501X aluminum suspension mounts, front and rear 3racing carbon fiber shock towers, and i think that is about it. Yes i do know that if i add all of that money together i will come up with a high price,but every penny spent on her has been well worth it after seeing what this buggy was capable today. The whole time i had a smile on my face and realized that i love this car and think that it may be one of the toughest, most durable,high performance 4WD buggy on the market. Yes i know that this buggy has it's doubters and critics but if you actually held this buggy and saw how it performed today that you would probably buy one. Sorry for the ranting, but i just wanted to share my love for this car with you guys and let you know how much i appreciate owning it. BTW I can wait for the next buggy that Tamiya releases soon. Im talking of a TRF style piece of work like the 501X and the durga. Tamiya always has something up their sleeve in the making.