RCU Forums - View Single Post - 1/4 cub club !
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2008, 12:00 PM
EF

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: 1/4 cub club !

ORIGINAL: mjg3

is there anyone who has or is building the Sig 1/4 Cw Cub ? i have been considering a kit for my next plane and i am leaning toward the C/W Cub. i consider myself an intermediate builder and flyer. im looking for some feedback on this kit as far as the material, build, and flying { i do have an OS160 twin that needs a home} will be greatly appericated[8D] thanks!
I'm at the finishing stages of this one. It's a builder's model, I have enjoyed every minute of it.
First class materials, design, hardware, simply - a Sig kit, that sums it up.

My first Sig kit was the Smith Miniplane, built two years ago, fly it nearly every weekend, if the CW Cub flys as good it's going to be simply fantastic.

Do note however that the thicker parts are printed, you need to cut them up yourself, only the thinner sheets are die cut.
Die cutting is perfect, clean and precise. The printed parts are also amazingly accurate and match the plans 100%.

Mine is now covered and some of it painted in primer. Covering is nylon and sanding sealer (Dave Brown Skyloft). My Smith Miniplane was also covered this way and it is very durable and light (painted in brushed on polyurethane paint).

If you like to build "proper models" by yourself, go for it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22235.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	931969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu65434.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	25.3 KB
ID:	931970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lr39625.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	37.7 KB