RCU Forums - View Single Post - CMP SUPER CHIPMUNK 120
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2008, 01:11 AM
tonywayne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP SUPER CHIPMUNK 120

Sorry I haven’t had the time for my chipy lately. Sourkraut have you made your maiden yet? Would love a report. Well I finally got the cowl shimmed up and installed. I took some pics and will describe a little what I did. The only real problem I ran into is the huge muffler on my GMS 120 barely touches the fuselage in the muffler cavity. So I will atv some ceramic cloth here to protect it form melting. You can see I added a shim on top for the space between the cowl and the fuse. I used a piece of wooden cloths pin for this. Other than the cutting for the head I also had to cut away the cowl for part of the carb. It also allows for easy adjustment of the low speed. I also widened the intake vents opening more just to allow for more airflow. As far as the fasteners I used more than the 3 that the kit comes with. One threw the spacer on top, another forward of that threw the top of the firewall and two on each side threw the fuse. I plan on using a fuel filler valve to keep things clean and simple there. Over all the process was a simple task thanks to the dremel and proper tools. The cowl seems to be a little over sized but I like the idea that this allows for better air flow past the engine. Because im using a perry pump I am able to mount the tank nearly on the CG up agents the servo tray. This made for the servo pushrod rout a lot more strait forward. That’s it for now. All that is left is the rest of my radio gear, pushrods and canopy. And a little more fuel proofing here and there.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35386.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	932993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg16516.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	932994   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xd80809.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	43.0 KB