RCU Forums - View Single Post - BVM Agressor II Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 04:07 PM
JimBrown
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: BVM Agressor II Build Thread

ORIGINAL: rcjets_63
I sold that plane to Jim Brown who, after painting it, did his best to remove the paint from the underside using ground effect drag during high-speed, super low passes. I'm not sure what happened to it but it's nice to hear that your Agg is still around.
Geeze, Jim, you're bringing back some memories.

And yes, the paint did get a bit thin on the bottom. I had a blast with that Cyclone with the extended wings and tip tanks (still have the tanks!) If you go to my website (Radio Control Aircraft Gallery), head over to Jim's Videos and scroll to the bottom, you'll find an old video of one of the first flights I did at Bay of Quinte.

The following year, Ann and I went to one of the last Deland jet rallies, in Jan. 2002 (had some fun at the border that year.) On Saturday morning it was quite foggy. After waiting a while, I decided to test the ceiling and took off for a flight. Made the first circuit and then did a shallow climb as I went past myself. The jet entered the fog and quickly disappeared. Stupid me. I tried to nose it over and it finally reappeared pointed straight down at about 100' AGL. I hauled back on the elevator, almost bending the stick. It looked like it was going to make it when one of the wings folded. What was left of the fuse hit a bush which saved it from major damage. I bought a new set of wings, fixed the cracks in the fuse and repainted it again. Flew it for another couple of years until I lost it at Winamac when a wing folded due to hidden structural damage just as I was doing a gentle pull up at show center. The jet did a nice spiralling ballistic trajectory into the bean field next door. It's now a part of some landfill.

As I said, I did have a blast with it.

Regards,
...jim

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93695.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	934791   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41811.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	934792