Thread: Sig Koverall
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 05:43 AM
bps
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sig Koverall

Gents,
Here is what I am doing with Koverall. My father got me started with silk before monocoat. I used to dope on the cover (wet) and then begin the finishing process. My wife and I just can not stand the smell any more so I have gone to latex products and they seem to work as well as the dope did. I am using a product from Michael's Craft Stores called Modge Podge. It is a sealer/adhesive. First seal the wood with a 50/50 mixture of water and MP, light sanding when dry and then one more coat. Cut Koverall a bit oversize, lay over area to be covered and using a foam brush apply the 50/50 mix to attatch the covering. Let dry. After dry you can use a Monocoat Iron to secure the edges. Another thin coat of 50/50 around the edges and let dry. When dry trim with a sharp blade and use the iron again to secure the coverings edges. Cover other side overlaping as much as possible. This system is a lot easier than it sounds ad moves along rapidly. After covering both sides shrink and begin applying 50/50 to seal the weave. About three coats. Ready for primer and paint, latex of course. No sanding as this raises hairs.
JEB