RCU Forums - View Single Post - AR9000 vs. R921 Spektrum Receivers
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2008, 06:35 AM
Howard
My Feedback: (55)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AR9000 vs. R921 Spektrum Receivers

I agree with airbusdrvr - everything I read indicates that the JR R921 is the same thing as the Spektrum AR 9000 except that it comes in a red case and says JR. There may be one difference that needs a little bit more research to be sure and that is the JR warranty is 3 years and the Spektrum warranty is 1 year. I own two JR 9303 radios (non 2.4 ghz) and this last Thursday I ordered the 2.4 ghz version of the 9303 with two additional R921 receivers (one R921 comes with the radio system I ordered). There is an existing Horizon promotion that allows for up to two free like receivers for every additional receiver that you purchase with any of the JR or Spektrum radio sets - it ends on April 30 except for purchasers of the JR12X system. In my case that is almost a $340 savings. You can download the requirements from the Horizion site - there are links on the respective radio pages. Just remember that it ends in just a few days and you have to buy the radio system and an additional receiver in order to get the free stuff.

If you confirm my belief that there is a warranty duration difference please let us know. Have fun with your new radio.

Howard