RCU Forums - View Single Post - Page Aviation Kits
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2008, 07:45 AM
bipestick

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Page Aviation Kits

Gregg
Yes, my invoice was taped to the box and he did charge me for it. When I ordered my first Gee Bee, I had to wait for the fiber glass and then for the radial as well. that's how I knew he made them in his shop. At that time he was having trouble geting the plastic for them. I'm not quite sure why my first plane needed extra nose weight. I did not even add a pilot. I did modify the elivator controls. I used wire bent in a U to connect the elivator halves. In the middle I silver soldered a piece of brass bar stock and washers to act as a control horn. I then cut out the rear former for clearance and hooked up the control rod. This gives you no visable control linkage for the tail. It is my own modifacation to what Adrian used for controling the rudder. You can still get to the controls for service by removing the rudder. It's a bit of a pain, but I love the look. Study your prints and I think you will understand what I did. I used Sullivan precision Gold-N-Rods. They have carbon added to eliminate the expantion of their standard rods. They are available in 5-56 and 4-40. I also used a set of Great Planes Gee Bee decals on mine. Mainly the N-numbers on the wing and the #7 on the fuse and wing. Adrian painted his on but I was to lazy for that and Tower Hobbies has them for under $5.00 plus shipping.