RCU Forums - View Single Post - WM Super Stunts 40 questions
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2008, 09:43 PM
longdan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WM Super Stunts 40 questions

Well. Just got back from the maiden. It was drizzling and a bit blustery, and I was the only one at the field (no surprise there). But I was determined to get her in the air. So I filled the tank and cranked her over. Dialled in the engine and out to the strip. She leapt into the air in no time. Did a few laps round the circuit, just getting to know her. I had it on low rates, so it wasn't going to do anything unexpectedly. It flew like a dream. A few clicks of trim was all that was needed. She would even putter round the circuit at a fast idle. Landed, filled up, and off again. This time on high rates. This plane went where I pointed it. Everything was just too easy. Even managed a short high altitude hover. That big rudder really has some authority. I was getting ready for the 4th flight when the engine suddenly stopped. I put the starter on it and cranked and immediately could feel something wrong. The trusty old Super Tigre GS .45 was kaput.
See [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7453046/anchors_7453046/mpage_1/key_/anchor/tm.htm#7453046]my post[/link] in glow engines for the analysis.

I really like this plane. As soon as I drop in my GMS .47, I'll be flying it again.