RCU Forums - View Single Post - Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)
Old 05-05-2008, 10:48 PM
reaperofsoulz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Build A Bullet Proof Stryker (Brushless Or Stock)

Cant wait to see the rebuild on the streaker!!
I haven't posted here in forever but i finally got to maiden my Futaba radio along with the Wing Commander completely non-stock components on Sunday.

Sticking with the cheap but fast theory I have a no name 30ABEC and no name 4000rpm outrunner BL motor

both hooked up to my MG-81 servos..fastest on the market.

I had to dust off my flying skills but everything went good. We took out 6 planes (2 just small micros to mess with while batteries charge) The newest addition to the hanger is an Electristar from Hobbico, very nice plane RTF. MaeBell II my spitfire is still going strong, man how I love high speed low passes with this bird! As for the WC we tested amp draw on 3 different prop setups and at full speed kept getting about 60A, half throttle about 30A (i only have a 30Aesc) I decided to use the APC 7X5 prop, toss it up and then throttle down to a crusing speed knowing the speec control had a temp cutoof if things got hot. Tossed it up with 3 different batteries with success, final landing I was low and not prepared for the throttle to cut so she tumbled. I'd say it flew about stock speed of the StrykerB...the StrykerC i flew was faster than the setup I have now but the best part is now I can try as many configurations as I want (can afford) to get the best performance. Maybe it's time I check out this "darkside" thread now that i've accomplished a bullet-proof stryker and am ready for performance upgrades.